Best Way To Live A Life Happy
One should wake up about one and a half hour before the sun rise so that you can synchronize with the rhythm of sun. Ayurveda recommends an auspicious time – Brahma-muhurata which means ‘the time of Brahma…the pure consciousnesses – for rising up in morning.
About an hour and a half before the sunrise, a great shift in energy fills space. Then, about half an hour before sunrise, a second boom of energy dawns in the atmosphere. Hope, inspiration and peace manifest at this time. This time is considered best for attaining bhram gyan (meditation and self analysis), supreme knowledge and eternal happiness. At this time, the environment is pure and calm and soothing and the mind is fresh after sleep.
Meditation at this time improves mental performance thus helps in increasing satva gunatherefore subduing mental irritation or hyperactivity and lethargy which is contributed by rajas and tamas guna.
Most sources I’ve read recommend drinking 16oz of water right after you wake up, and I’d recommend even more (depending on your weight; I drink 1-2L every morning and weigh 173 pounds). Here are five solid reasons to drink a big glass of water right when you wake up.
- It fires up your metabolism. Drinking a large, cool glass of water after you wake up has been shown to fire up your metabolism by a whopping 24% for 90 minutes!1
- You’re dehydrated when you wake up. You just went 7-8 hours without drinking any water! Even if your body isn’t telling you that it’s thirsty, it probably is.
- Water helps your body flush out toxins. “Your kidneys do an amazing job of cleansing and ridding your body of toxins as long as your intake of fluids is adequate”, according to Kenneth Ellner, an Atlanta-based dermatologist. Getting fluids into your body right after your wake up will help your body flush out toxins first thing in the morning.2
- Your brain tissue is 75% water. When you’re not properly hydrated, your brain operates on less fuel, and you can feel drained, or experience fatigue or mood fluctuations.3
- You’ll eat less. One study showed that people who drink a glass of water before every meal lost 4.5 pounds over a three-month period, because “it fills up the stomach with a substance that has zero calories”, and people “feel full as a result”.4 Especially after I’ve eaten a big breakfast, drinking a lot of water in the morning has also helped me avoid the temptation of snacking before lunch.
Your body is 72% water, and you don’t have enough water in you when you wake up. Drinking a big glass of water first thing in the morning is a great way to rehydrate, and start kicking ass from the moment you wake up.
Sure, walking burns calories and helps you lose weight, But, there’s so much more. When you walk at a fast pace, say of 3 mph or more, you are doing aerobic exercise. Aerobic exercise works the big muscles in your lower body, using lots of fuel. It causes your lungs to work hard to take in extra oxygen, which is used to stoke the calorie burn. Walking pumps up your heart rate, so your blood can deliver raw material to your muscles and carry off by-products of metabolism. Walking at least 30 minutes a day at a moderately intense level lowers your risk for many health conditions, including viral illnesses, obesity, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and some types of cancer. Less stressful to your bones than running, walking nonetheless causes some impact stress to your ankles, knees, hips and spinal cord, which strengthens your bones and reduces your risk for osteoporosis
Green tea is good for your bones. Move over, milk. Green tea could help slow the process of age-related bone loss and decrease the risk of fractures caused by osteoporosis, according to a study published in the journal Nutrition Research. Women who drank up to three cups of tea per day had a 30 percent lower risk of osteoporosis-related hip fractures, researchers found.
Green tea may help prevent cancer. Cancer rates are lower in countries, like Japan, where green tea is a go-to drink, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center. While researchers can’t be sure that green tea alone is responsible for low cancer rates, the tea does contain the chemicals EGCG, EGC, ECG, and EC, which are known for their antioxidant activity. These chemicals may help protect cells from DNA damage, one of the first steps in the growth cancer cells. Plus, properties of green tea could help protect your skin from the sun’s UV damage, the leading cause of skin cancer.Green tea could help you maintain a healthy weight. It could even reduce body fat, researchers found in one 12-week study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Green tea extract may also have the power to decrease obesity and obesity-related illness, like diabetes.
Eating a balanced diet isn’t the only thing you need to do to keep your body healthy. Exercise helps strengthen your bones and muscles which can help you stay fit and active when you are older. Freddy recommends doing at least 1 hour of exercise every day to keep us fit and strong.
1. Exercise is good for your heart.
Did you know your heart is actually a muscle? Like other muscles in your body, your heart will get bigger and stronger with exercise because it has to pump blood round your body faster.
2. Exercise makes your body better.
Some activities such as football or skipping can make you stronger so you can run faster or for longer. Some exercise such as dancing and yoga makes your body more flexible and others like cricket might improve other skills such as batting or catching.
3. Exercise is good for your mood.Whilst different exercises maybe be good for different parts of your body, all exercise is good for your mood! When you exercise, you brain releases feel good chemicals which make you feel happier and more relaxed.
People who eat breakfast are actually healthier overall. Some people are under the huge misconception that not eating breakfast saves calories that you can then use throughout the day when you become hungry. This is not true. When you eat a reasonable and healthy breakfast in the morning, you are actually regulating your blood sugar levels. When you don’t eat breakfast in the morning, you may find that you get hungry much more quickly throughout the day because your stomach is empty.
Eating breakfast helps manage weight. If you are looking to lose weight or maintain recent weight loss, eating breakfast is crucial. Eating a small, sensible breakfast will help you curb hunger throughout the day. When you already have good, sustainable food in your system, you are less likely to reach for the junk you may be surrounded by while going about your day.Breakfast gives you energy. If you skip breakfast in the morning, you are essentially running on fumes. You need all the nutrients present in a healthy breakfast to help you perform correctly at work or school. If you don’t eat breakfast in the morning, you may have to wait up to 12 hours since your last meal before you can eat again. Your muscles need glycogen for energy and will end up being depleted if you haven’t eaten anything.
Climbing stairs is good for you and here’s ten reasons why:
- It’s a really simple way to build short bursts of physical activity into your day.
- No waiting. Just think how much time you spend waiting for a slow lift especially during busy times.
- It can help you lose weight. You burn more calories per minute climbing stairs than jogging.
- You can use it as a way to take a break from your desk, which helps to relieve stress and cut down on tension.
- You’ll build up muscle and tone your legs. Ooh, and your bum will also get a good work out.
- Taking the stairs can be quicker. If you don’t believe us, test this out by timing your lift journey and comparing it to taking the stairs.
- Stair climbing is good for your heart. It’s a vigorous form of exercise, which makes it great for cardiovascular fitness.
- You’ll help to reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions by not taking the lift.
- By regularly taking the stairs, you’ll be helping to improve your bone density. This is especially important for women.
- And the best bit of all. It’s free.
Junk food refers to those foods that contain calories but contribute little to body nutrition. They may taste good, but hardly keep you full, so you tend to eat more. This can lead to overeating and overweight.
Another problem about eating junk food is that it tends to substitute for eating nutritious foods. So instead of eating fruits and vegetables, some people eat cookies or chips for snacks, or instead of drinking milk, children would rather have soda.
Sure, it’s fun to share a good laugh. But did you know it can actually improve your health? It’s true: laughter is strong medicine. It draws people together in ways that trigger healthy physical and emotional changes in the body. Laughter strengthens your immune system, boosts mood, diminishes pain, and protects you from the damaging effects of stress. As children, we used to laugh hundreds of times a day, but as adults life tends to be more serious and laughter more infrequent. By seeking out more opportunities for humor and laughter, though, you can improve your emotional health, strengthen your relationships, find greater happiness—and even add years to your life.
Laughter is a powerful antidote to stress, pain, and conflict. Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh. Humor lightens your burdens, inspires hopes, connects you to others, and keeps you grounded, focused, and alert. It also helps you to release anger and be more forgiving.
With so much power to heal and renew, the ability to laugh easily and frequently is a tremendous resource for surmounting problems, enhancing your relationships, and supporting both physical and emotional health. Best of all, this priceless medicine is fun, free, and easy to use.